From active to passive
Below are twenty sentences that have been written in the active. (Or, if you completed the exercise turning sentences from the passive into the active, then here are the answers!)
Your job is to turn these sentences into the passive.
1. They cancelled the meeting because of a lot of snow.
2. Someone cleans the bathroom every day.
3. Somebody told me that they were going to build a new supermarket.
4. How do people make wine?
5. They have delayed the meeting.
6. Somebody is using the bathroom.
7. They have increased the number of tickets available to buy for the concerts.
8. When we arrived, we found that they had closed the gates.
9. I didn't know that somebody was watching us.
10. They didn't give me the documents I needed.
11. Nobody gave me any money.
12. They should have reorganised the timetable.
13. Has anybody shown you how to use the photocopier?
14. They make butter from milk.
15. The publisher translated the book into French.
16. Mr. Smith invented the reversible microwave.
17. The TEE organisation is going to make fifty people redundant.
18. A much larger organisation owns the company.
19. Someone has stolen my car!
20. I noticed that somebody had moved my desk in the office.